Pre purchase Building Inspections Geelong
Are you about to:
- Make an offer on your ideal family home?
- Bid at auction for your perfect house?
Make sure you have no doubts about the property you plan to purchase!
Have House Inspections Geelong conduct one of our pre purchase property inspections on your home and potentially save yourself thousands of dollars!
What do our property inspections encompass?
We will seek out any possible defects that perhaps the seller or agent are trying to cover up with one of our inspections. The housing market across Geelong, Torquay and Lara is competitive, so there are plenty of vendors willing to cut corners or outright lie if they think it will sell the property. Our fully qualified and highly trained professional inspectors will locate and identify even minor faults in the building. If these are not dealt with immediately, they could result in untold thousands of dollars in additional repairs in the future, thus making your overall purchase price far in excess of that which you had originally intended to spend.
Your comprehensive building inspections report will be delivered pre purchase
Our pre purchase building inspections in the Geelong, Lara and Armstrongs Creek area consist of an intense, comprehensive survey undertaken to Australian Standards 4349.1, after which a detailed written report is prepared. This building report will include explanatory, high quality photos, depicting in detail each and every defect we identify. The report will also identify any other areas of concern we feel you should be made aware of prior to purchase. The report will be emailed to you within eight hours of its completion but in any event, we will telephone you with the outline results once we have completed our inspection.
A typical structural pre purchase property inspections undertaken by us will include the following:
- Internal inspection of kitchen, bathrooms and toilets, laundry room, bedrooms and main living areas, as well as doors, windows, skirting boards, architraves, tiling, stairs and even carpets and decoration throughout.
- External inspection of walls, lintels, Windows, decking, water heating system, patio and drives along with garage roller doors.
- Roof cavity inspection which will include the roof framing structures as well as internal insulation.
- The roof exterior inspection will include roof tiles, any metal roofing, gutters, downpipes, eaves, valleys, events, flues and flashings.
- Our under floor space inspection includes the sub-floor timber framing structures as well as all piers, supports, posts, ventilation, Ant caps and specifically checks for any evidence of rising damp, dry rot or surface water.
- General Site Inspection will include a detailed inspection of drives, pathways, steps, fences as well as any vehicle accommodation along with an overall check for surface drainage.
Call us now on 0499 655 470 or email us to arrange your first class pre purchase building inspection through Armstrongs Creek, Torquay, Lara and beyond – you will be glad you didn’t leave it too late!